Our 2018 Couch to 5km (C25K) programme will be starting this April; online registration is open now!
The link to the main registration website is here: RomseyGetRunning
If you’re looking to start running, or have been a runner in the past and would like to get back to it, this is the programme for you.
Your friendly local running club, Romsey Road Runners, is offering the following:
- Established C25K training programme designed to take you from non-runner to 5k runner in ten weeks.
- Three experienced session leaders per session to guide, support and encourage the group.
- Tuesdays at Hunts Farm sports centre, Timsbury, from April 24th, 6.30-7.30pm.
- A tried and tested run/ walk approach, starting with alternating 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes, gradually increasing the running element over the ten weeks.
- A guided warm up at the start and cool down at the end.
- No obligation to join Romsey Road Runners club in order to take part, although you are very welcome to. The C25K runs independently of club training sessions.
- A small charge of £2 per session applies to cover costs.
- Final 5k to be run at parkrun in celebration! (Saturday, 30th June, 9am, local venue tbc)
- T-shirt and certificate to all finishers.
- Please factor in the need to run twice a week on your own or with friends in addition to the Tuesday guided sessions to get the most out of the programme. Everyone taking part will be given instructions on how to do this at the first session.
- We strongly encourage you to sign up for all ten sessions at the outset. This will help you stay motivated and maintain the focus and determination necessary to complete the course.
- Please come wearing trainers and a t-shirt, tracksuit bottoms/ shorts/ leggings and bring a jacket in case of bad weather. It’s also a good idea to bring some water to drink after the session.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.