All club members will:
- Consistently demonstrate decency, good sportsmanship and fair play.
- Maintain the good reputation of the club.
- Avoid swearing and abusive language.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all club members. Acts of violence, intimidation, bullying, harassment and physical or sexual abuse will not be tolerated.
- Ensure prompt payment of annual membership fees.
- Ensure that all messages on club-based media, including email and WhatsApp, are measured, courteous and relevant to RRR as a running club.
Running group participants
Participants in club-led running groups will:
- Listen when the session leader is addressing the group.
- Not leave a session or divert from planned routes without first informing your session leader.
- Inform your session leader if you have any injury or illness that may affect your running.
- Be on time and have appropriate clothing and equipment. If it’s dark, wear high visibility clothing.
- Look after the other runners within your group. If someone is struggling make sure that they are not left on their own and inform your session leader.
- Warn other runners around you of impending hazards.
- Respect other road and path users. Be courteous and run in single file where appropriate. Close gates after passing through them.
Session leaders will:
- Ensure that sessions are welcoming and inclusive for all members.
- Provide instruction and guidance for club members before and during sessions.
- Maintain the safety of all club members at all times, and support club members and affected members of the public in the event of an incident.
The committee will:
- Adopt an open policy with regard to membership and treat all members equally and fairly.
- Ensure that all session leaders hold appropriate qualifications as set down by UK Athletics and England Athletics.
- Adopt national policies and codes of conduct in relation to athlete welfare and appoint a designated welfare officer to act as first point of contact.
- Carry out its duty within relevant legislation and government guidelines, as well as recommendations and guidelines from UK Athletics.