At Romsey Road Runners we are fully committed to help and encourage all of our members
to take part in our training sessions and events. The health, well-being and safety of each
individual is always our paramount concern.
Health and Safety duties
To support our health and safety policy statement we commit to the following duties:
- Undertake regular, recorded risk assessments of all activities undertaken by the club.
- Create a safe environment by putting health and safety measures in place as identified by these assessments.
- Ensure that all members are given the appropriate level of advice to match their abilities.
- Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health and safety policy.
- Provide access to adequate first aid and qualified first aiders whenever possible.
- Appoint a competent club member to assist with health and safety responsibilities.
- Report any injuries or accidents sustained during any club activity using the incident reporting form.
- Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored for effectiveness.
Club members’ responsibilities
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.
- Assess your own health, fitness level and maturity as a runner when deciding what training to undertake
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.
- Co-operate with the club on all health and safety issues.
- Report any health and safety accident, incident or concern to a session leader.