The club have 2 teams entered for the 2013 Adidas Thunder Run 24-hour race at Catton Park on 27/28 July. One 8-person team and one 5-person team – both mixed gender.
There are 2 spots available for the 8-person team, so if you are interested in taking on the challenge and joining a group of fellow club mates for a fun weekend in South Derbyshire then get in touch with Ian Ralph who can tell you more about it.
To give you a flavour of what you would be letting yourself in for:
- The race takes place between midday Sat and midday Sun
- Teams can be 6-8 people, 3-5 people, 2 people or soloists
- Teams run continuously for 24-hours with one person on course at all times
- The course is a 10k cross-country loop with a change-over station at the start/finish line
- The cost is £32 for a place on the 8-person team (which includes camping)
- Non-runners are welcome to come along to camp on-site at no additional cost
- It’s a well organised event with good facilities on-site